Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Odds & Ends

I had to buy another 914 to do the Factory Specs race. I copied the John Player Special paint job onto it from my hopped–up 914. After I finished that I loaded it up with everything I could add. It had a ridiculous amount of power, and since the front end can't get any downforce added by air dams and whatnot, well, this is what happens when it goes really fast over a sharp peak and still have the rear wing adjusted for full downforce (going the wrong way on the front straight at Road America). After that, I sold it in an online auction to see how that went. It sold within the 24–hour period.



I also had to buy a McLaren F1 to do that Factory Spec race. For the helluvit, I did a '60s custom paint job on it. I always liked this technique. Ended up with over 400 circles.

No comments: