Thursday, July 2, 2009

CD Printing

I was looking all over the web at CD printer reviews, trying to figure out the best one that wouldn't cost too much to run, and that would produce decent quality that didn't smear off (like ink jets), and that wouldn't plug up after sitting around unused for a few months (like ink jets). I was finding it really hard to decide which one was best (least sucky), so I called a place called DiscMakers that has everything from <$100 single–color to $multi–thousand bulk duplicators, hoping they would be able to answer some questions. The lady forwarded me to a sales guy who pointed me to a section of their web site for entering an order for disc duplication and printing. Bwuh? I didn't know they did that too. So I asked if they required me to get all that licensing bullshit done and he said no. They only require that we own the actual disc content (made by us). So yeefuckinha. They offer a really good range of choices for every detail, and the prices for small orders (we got 125) are very reasonable. We'll see how good the quality is after they arrive in a couple weeks. But judging by the quality of their web site and customer service and sales people I talked to, I'm guessing it'll be top notch. A number 1. The big cheese. Top dog.

No comments: