Thursday, August 6, 2009

Schecter Guitars

Schecter is making some really cool shit, as always. Although they could use a better site design instead of the 100% Flash crap that makes it impossible to link to anything. They're making some 8–string guitars now, with 2 extra low strings, F# and B. That would sound fuckin' great. I've always like baritone guitars in Dwight Yoakam type country. Mix that with some extra crunchy power chords and you've got a really nice sound. Check the V8 Hellraiser Limited in the 2009 Limiteds section. The rusted metal look on 4 of those models is also sorta neat, although I wouldn't buy one. In the Custom section, the Green Flame is interesting. Again, not something I'd buy, but it's neat to look at. I would, however, play the Sunset–7 Martian Girl. Everyone would want to play with her knobs.

There was an 8–string bass of some make at My Music Store. Not 8 individual strings, but doubled up like what Tom Petersson sometimes plays when 12 strings are just too much. I didn't have a chance to ask to play it, but I'd love to.

1 comment:

Brass Pear said...

No, no, no, no, no!

Guitars have 6 strings. 7 strings are for jackoffs. I HATE the real low chords that the dumb ass leftover flannel wearing hippy-wannabees use all the time in their depressing ass crappy songs whining about how terrible their lives are.

Bari guitars are cool, though--especially when used like Dwight did.

Just my opinion....
Bleah.

I did appreciate the C-1 plus that I had for a while--it was a loaded guitar and sounded really cool, but Schecter makes their necks too wide for my smallish hands. Adding another string makes it even worse.