Saturday, December 20, 2008

I've Been Drinking Beer!

Well, half a Heineken in 1.25 hours. We had a neighborhood Winter Solstice get–together in the cul de sac. 2 fire pits, hot chocolate, and cookies. We finally got to meet the new neighbors across the street. Just a couple in their 30s, no kids, and a wiener dog that they let out into their back yard every morning at 6:30 so it can bark, which wakes up Joe & Heather and their kids (who live next to them), and then their 2 dogs wake up and start barking. At least we don't have to hear that. Other than that, the girl's pretty cute, so woohoo. We'll have to assign Joe the duty of snapping shots out their bedroom window if she does any sunbathing this Summer. Some of us headed into Geoff & Caroline's house after the rest went home, and it was there that I opted for the Hiene. I probably haven't had one of those since, I dunno, '86? '88?

Man, it sure is nice to be able to not have a limited talent pool in the band like we did when Jack was with us. When adding songs to our "songs to learn" Google doc, I had to listen carefully to see if there was anything too complicated, ya know, like an off–beat. My turn to pick is coming up, and I really didn't want to pick anything I'd previously added, so I went looking for other stuff. I added these to choose from:

Free Ride - The Edgar Winter Group
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) - Sly & the Family Stone
Sneakin' Sally Thru the Alley - Robert Palmer

We do well at funky–ish stuff with bluesy/scatty vocals, so Sneakin' would fit us nicely. We'll see how the rest of the band votes.

No comments: