Sunday, June 7, 2009

Stu-Stu-Studio

I guess I couldn't resist making a reference to that annoying Phil Collins song. I'm sorry. Hopefully it's not looping in your head now. Stephen King called them ear worms in a recent Entertainment Weekly column—those damn songs that get stuck in your head for hours, days, or even months.

We did a bit of low key recording today. Emily couldn't make it, so we just laid down the instrument tracks for The Letter (Cocker) and Lies (Knickerbockers). Last night it was the movie projector that broke. Today Logic couldn't get the playback audio into the firewire interface. A reboot of the Mac and the interface finally did the trick. Then when I made a new project to record the first song today, it would only record the analog audio track from my drums, not the MIDI track. It took about 5 minutes before I realized the MIDI cable was still plugged into the keyboard instead of the drums from when Emily added the Rhodes part for Come Together last week. BTW, I named the preset I came up with Abbey Rhodes when I saved it. Yes, I'm damned proud of that.

No comments: