Monday, June 1, 2009

Backup Chicks

Kim & I added our backup vocal parts to the 2 songs we have down on disk. For the "ladies' cat/man, that's that" part in SCS, we're doing harmonies instead of just the hollerin' the Stray Cats do. I laid down the lower one first, then when Kim was trying to find her part, she inadvertently found a higher note which was a note I was going to add later, which made it into a cool jazz type chord. So we left that in and she added the other one. Kinda gives it that Andrew Sisters thing. She also worked out some really cool walking bass parts for that, following all the augmented minor 17th chords or whatever they are, because she was bored with the basic walks she'd been doing. I'm glad I bought her that first bass 8.5 years ago. Wow, it's been that long?

No comments: