Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Unreal Cars

Since I'll never be able to afford an actual racing car, I have to make do with the kind made up of electrons.

I had a little problem keeping my Golf GTI on the road. Those skid marks and cloud of dust? Those are pretty good indications that I'm doing it wrong. Dig the flying glass and driver side mirror.



It still went fast after that, but not straight. Here I am carefully backing into a parking spot. You can just see the rear wing flying off on the other side.



Continuing my series of famous liveries on other cars, I did my 914 up in John Player Special paint. I sure wish they had more fonts to choose from, as this one just ain't right. I actually had a nice controlled drift happening to keep the revs up around the Carousel at Road America in Elkhart Lake, WI.



I always liked the simple but striking L&M paint on the Porsches. This is about as good as I could get it on the way more curvy 911, again with the wrong typeface. And I shoulda gone with the red that was just 1 click to the left, as the one I used ended up being a smidge too orange.





Various Martini designs have been around forever, with the ubiquitous 3–color stripes. They're usually over white, but a few were silver.



Way back in the early '70s, my brother built a model of a 2–door '67 Impala and painted it like this. The stars on the hood were stickers. It was one of my favorites of his. Sadly just about all of my models got tossed out last year when my parents' basement got a bunch of water in it. They were all in a couple large cardboard boxes. I don't know why they couldn't have just taken everything out of the melted boxes. I should've brought them all up here long ago, even though they'd still be sitting in the boxes in my basement here. So I did a Charger in Forza and added stickers and the number. Here I am doing a burnout at Road America.



BTW, my new Mac Pro has made it to the Twin Cities! I'll be all keyed up tomorrow, getting excited every time I hear a truck enter the neighborhood.

No comments: