Sunday, May 31, 2009

More Recording

We spent 5 or 6 hours today recording. We laid down Stray Cat Strut and Middle of the Road. Still lots of work left on them. Kim wants to replace her bass part on SCS, and we need to add backup vocals on both, and I need to totally replace my drums on everything, but I think I'll do that when we're all done and I can just work on it alone. I'd like to try miking up my acoustics, but that's an art best practiced by seasoned studio techs. I just hate the sound of canned toms and cymbals. They get better every few years, but still not perfect. Canned kicks are perfect, and some snares are fairly close to great if you're just whacking out 2 and 4.

John bought a black SG and used that today. Andy tried it and cranked out a bunch of AC/DC. Sounded great going through the standard Logic guitar amp sim.

No comments: