Monday, May 11, 2009

C'mon Spring

Finally got around to mowing for the first time yesterday. A couple small areas were taller 'n shit. Had to pull 'er down into 1st gear and even then just creep through. The Lawn–boy started nicely, after I primed it enough to get fuel into the carb again. The weed wacker did too. The blower actually started pretty well too and ran at a good high speed. But then when I let off the throttle once, it died and I couldn't start it again. I kicked it and left it there on the driveway as I went to get the broom to finish the driveway and street by hand. That fucking thing has been pissing me off for a few years now. I really should take it in for a tuneup. I'm sure the problem is mostly old gas. But who wants to dump out year old gas? For one, it's wasteful. For two, where do you dump it? I ain't bringin' it inside to dump down the drain because that will stink up the house for the rest of the day, and possibly be dangerous. And I ain't driving to a gas station that recycles petroleum products just to dump less than a gallon. None of the other engines give a shit how old the gas is. I even buy premium for all my gas cans. It's just a little bitch.

No comments: