Friday, May 29, 2009

Esprit (Turbo)

When going through and driving most of the dozens, if not hundreds, of cars in Forza, I thought the Lotus Esprit was a lot of fun. It handled well and let you get away with a bit of sloppiness. So I bought one, turbofied it, and added all the stuff. The Marlboro paint scheme from the McLaren F1 cars was always a favorite of mine (my brother gave me the Marlboro G+Plus car when I was a kid), so I did that, going with one of the more modern flavors. I just wish they'd used the older Esprit, which was more angular and scares–old–ladies looking. Here it is under a bridge right before turn 6 at Elkhart Lake.

1 comment:

brent said...

I have not driven the Esprit, but I have driven the Elise, and it is a blast. But then I had to get silly and turbofy it also. It is still fun as hell, but you have to be gentle with the throttle.
That is a good looking paint job, Stove. The Indy series used that also. It was on the Penske cars in the 80's I loved those cars. But most of the die-cast said Penske instead of Marlboro on the side. Now the real cars say that too. Lame.