Monday, January 12, 2009

Snow & Wine

We had about 3–4" of snow today. I got t' plowin' at 4:00 and did ours and 2 others' driveways; people who don't have snowblowers, including the new couple across the street, Shawn/Shaun/Sean/Shonn/Tiauwn and Sarah I believe. He was very happy about that and brought me a bottle of merlot and some chocolate chip cookies. I'm hip to the cookies, but I ain't a wino. We'll have to take it to the next neighborhood party if they aren't there, or something. It must be pretty good wine, because it has like a grey flannel sock–like thing around it, tied with a cord.

But damn it, I must dress too warmly or something. I even made sure to wear a proper high–tech long–sleeve shirt under my sweatshirt. Either I overdress, get hot, and sweat a lot, or the thing I have wrapped around my face funnels all the moisture I exhale down into my coat. There's got to be a way to bundle up and not get all sweaty and keep my face warm without breathing all over myself.

No comments: