Sunday, January 25, 2009

Egnater

Egnater sounds like a futuristic android baby chick or something. It's really a company that makes guitar amps. Craig got the Rebel 20, a neat little 20W tube amp that has a really cool knob: watts. If you wanna be loud and clean, crank it to 20W. But if you want max overdrive but still need to hear later in life, twist it down to 1W. That's the coolest thing ever. It also has 2 tubes and a knob to balance between them, so if you want a Frankenstein hybrid that sounds like a Marshall and a Fender, there ya go. And the thing is nice and small.

I don't have that guitarist ear to easily tell the difference between American and British amps, much less tube vs. solid state vs. digital (as long as it's decent SS or digital). So my little Marshall is just fine. The only thing it lacks for my ear is low end. The little 8" just can't cut it, and it doesn't have a jack for an external cab. I shoulda got the Microstack instead. Oh well.

1 comment:

Brass Pear said...

The micro-stacks are just plain cool. I might have to get one for myself some day. And they sound freaking great.