Monday, January 26, 2009

The Man Step

I noticed how they blatantly showed the Ford F-150 tailgate step on a recent episode of Dirty Jobs. Yes, Mike Rowe gets paid (a guess, but a good guess) to appear in the F-150 ads and I'm pretty sure they show Ford ads during Dirty Jobs. Love the show. Mike is a helluva funny guy. But damn, don't turn the show into a fucking Ford commercial. I hadn't seen this Chevy ad where they make fun of the stupid step. Hell, even running boards are for pussies (my mantra when somebody new gets into my truck and comments about the height of a standard 4x4). Now men are too fat/lazy/weak to climb into the bed of their trucks? Grow a pair.

2 comments:

brent said...

I did not notice he was tying down a birdhouse until I read the caption. That was funny indeed.

Armpit Studios said...

Heh, me either. Nice touch.