Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rusty Licks

While Kim was at her lesson tonight, I went down to work my feet some more after I readjusted my pedals again. I played along with Pantera's Walk to get warmed up a bit, then a couple Primus tunes to get the feet going, then my old standbys Moving Pictures and Permanent Waves, finally ending with The Trees. I've forgotten which fills go where! Used to be, back in high school, I knew all the Rush songs note for note. But these days I'll start a certain fill and within a few notes notice that Neil's playing a different fill, let out a "shit!", and come back in somewhere. It's aggravating! But I guess back then I was playing almost every night and listening to those albums constantly. And after hearing this Italian guy (thanks, Greg) play some amazingly precise polyrhythms and very busy stuff, well hell if I don't feel old! At least I'm almost better than Mr. Bean on an invisible drum set.

No comments: