Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Neil Young Has Officially Flipped His Lid

Cripes. This song is pathetic. I don't even recall hearing a bridge or anything other than that same chord progression over and over with some old crotchety man words spoken over the top. I was already starting to get tired of hearing his music for 2 reasons; our ex–guitarist Jack loves him, and having to listen to Jack play the longest, most uninspired, amateurish, out of tune, and tasteless guitar solos ever for the past few years. This is the cherry on top, and it's a rotten cherry. I'll still enjoy his early stuff, but I seriously doubt if I'll ever buy anything by him again from Living with War or later.

1 comment:

L said...

Neil's been off his rocker (heh, heh) so to speak for quite a while.

In a related subject, I got the Eagles new double CD for Christmas. Talk about a crapfest. Oh, the Joe Walsh tunes-2 of them-are cool. The rest is bad country and anti-Bush crap. Basically, it's a self-indulgent bunch of hooey. For example, there's an instrumental entitled "Lets Pretend There's No War", or something like that.

I suppose it's too much to hope that they'd write something along the lines of 'James Dean' or any of the songs on 'The Long Run'.