Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pooped!

The band practiced today. Started at 4, had a short pizza break, then went until almost 9:30. That's longer than a gig! And Emily has left for a vacation, so I did all the singing so we wouldn't get lost. Most of it was mumbling the melody or scatting gibberish, but it got the point across. So I'm fried. Never let me sing blues. Andy continues to amaze and inspire. We keep picking up on each other's fills and stuff. He noticed the 3 off–beat chokes I always do after the bridge in I Saw Her Standing There. But nobody can choke a Wuhan like Brent. Listen to Authority Song from a Coggon gig on the CD I sent a while back.

I was playing with the new guitar modeling in Garage Band today. You can pick the type of amp, adjust all its knobs, then add stomp boxes and twist their knobs. To my ear, it all sounds pretty good. But it took forever to find the place where you turn on monitoring for guitars. It's always been right there out in the open for "real instruments", but some dumbass decided to hide it away in the Edit area of the amplifier for guitars.

At one point I had the chorus cranked up pretty high and was playing an open E chord, then slid my fingers 2 frets up, holding the same shape. I was suddenly playing a Rush song. Weird. It's the slow strum & picked part of Xanadu that starts at 4:40.

No comments: