Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Font

And here's the result of submitting my lettering to yourfonts.com. Brent also seems to use all caps in his handwriting, which allows our fonts to look more natural by using mixed case when typing. They let you put in lots of characters that are of little use to your average American (§ ¿), but didn't provide spaces for ellipsis or en– and em–dashes? Pshaw! I use those like… almost daily. I guess I should stop complaining because it's free.

I made another font from my handwriting many years ago with FontMonger. With that one, it looks like I made a more valiant effort to print each character nicely instead of scrawling them out at my normal speed. But it was old font technology and they came out way too small for the given font size.

Click to bigify.

No comments: