Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's Time to Rearrange

So here's the basement all paneled. I spent the day moving crap around. Brought the old desk down. It replaced a small desk, a table, and a stereo cabinet, plus having all the storage space in the hutch is nice. Being the do–stuff–myself kinda guy I am, I flipped the hutch onto its top, strapped some rugs under it, and slid it down the basement stairs. The desktop wasn't going to be that easy, so I borrowed neighbor Rob. The legs and cupboard part easily come off. Then we dug through my posters to find stuff to hang. I'd forgotten about a lot of them, since they haven't seen daylight since the early '90s. I knew I had a B&W photo version with colored helmet and gas tank of Peter Fonda on Captain America from Easy Rider, but I forgot all about the blacklight version. Then there's the Kiss poster that came with the Unmasked record. And a ceramic Black Diemond I made in art class. And the enlargement of my senior picture the photographer had in his window for a few years. And my snare head that Steve Smith autographed and the autographed photo of Terry Bozzio. Oh, and the Elvira beer sign from The Blue Chip in Monticello, IA.





6 comments:

Brass Pear said...

Nice job. Love the Kiss poster. Didn't know you bought Unmasked. The senior picture made me laugh. Your ride cymbal looks absolutely huge! My sr. pic was with the Eagle Les Paul...

Armpit Studios said...

With green disco tape on the knobs. :)

Yup on the Unmasked. I liked that album a lot. Torpedo Girl is killer. I also found the poster from the Peter Criss album. Did you buy all 4 solo albums and fit the 4 posters together?

Anonymous said...

No, I had all of them except for Peters. Don't know what happened to them.....

Torpedo Girl!! That's pure Ace, all the way. There are lots of Youtube vids of him doing that with his solo band.

I'd forgotten about the green disco tape. That was a nice geetar. If I remember correctly, it plays really closely to the Epi LP.

Anonymous said...

What model of Fender Amp is that?

Armpit Studios said...

There's a Princeton 112 Plus against the wall and a Champion 30 in front of that guitar case. Both are John's. He never uses the Princeton, so I'm not sure why he's storing it here. :)

The Peavey Artist came from Nick. It's broken; blows the fuse as soon as you turn it on. I took it to see if I could fix it. That was when he moved up here for a week. That little one on top is just some cheap little amp Kim got for practicing out on the deck when it's nice.

Anonymous said...

The Princeton is a hell of an amp. Brent has one somewhere--just a great practice amp. Hell, the Champion is a nice little firecracker too, for that matter.