Monday, March 2, 2009

Light up the Stage

I added one more preset to the light board; all on full white for set–up/tear–down. It'll be so nice to not work up a sweat during that time because of hot lights. One thing that's weird is the color of the light when r, g, and b are maxed is that it's a very cool white. One of the channels on the COLORdash pars sets it to a preset color. As you go up through the values, it goes through the spectrum. The last dozen or so values are different temperatures of white, with the lowest being the warmest. So I used that setting for the full white light. It just feels more natural when it looks like tungsten.

The last time we played, I noticed I'm getting that callus below the 2nd knuckle of my middle finger on my right hand. That went away after I moved here and wasn't playing. That huge one is still on the inside of my right thumb from hammer drilling. Whee.

We put some ads out for guitarists. Got quite a few responses from guys who sound like seasoned musicians. I'm voting "no" on the one guy who can't afford a shift key and responded to our "add". If you can't take the time to type capitalize the word "I", then to hell with ya! One guy claims to have played percussion in the Minneapolis Youth Symphony at age 9, was in Animal House, then played in S.F. metal and punk bands in the '80s. Leave no genre unturned.

No comments: