Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dryer Repair

Yup, it was the controller that got fried when the power went off or on. Since it took an hour or so to get power back, I'd assume it was a transformer or line that was down, possibly due to a squirrel or car crash, and it sent a spike down the line before it blew the transformer or line fuse. So I did the research and found a Maytag repair place in Hopkins that had the part in stock. I zipped over there yesterday and picked it up. $182.79, non–returnable. Gladly, that was the problem.

I keep a multi–tip screwdriver in a kitchen drawer. I'm guessing I got it for xmas from Kim's mom. But it's really handy to have around for projects like that, rather than going all the way to the shop. I also love it when manufacturers use 1/4" hex screws and I have a screwdriver like that with a replaceable tip, because you just pop out the tip and there's your 1/4" nut driver. That Stanley also has a 5/16" in the handle. And see, even their web site says it's ideal for the kitchen drawer.

No comments: