Saturday, April 11, 2009

Xbox!

Yeah, I get waaayyy too much stuff done. Having an Xbox should remedy that real quick like. Man, game consoles have come a long way since we played our Sega. I got Gears of War 2 and Forza Motorsport 2. Forza has the whole road racing experience going on, only without the brain–boiling heat and G–forces. Driving with a joystick and 2 fingers is taking some getting used to. Not having a keyboard and mouse is quite an obstacle for playing shooters. Brent was showing me the ropes. I feel like such a noob. But the coolest thing is sitting there on my couch, talking to him via the headset 6 hours away. Technology kicks ass.

Part of a music order arrived today. The latest albums from Old Crow Medicine Show and Drive–by Truckers. The deluxe edition of Lynyrd Skynyrd's One More for from the Road, which has a bunch of alternate recordings from other performances during the same gig. I'm not a big Skynyrd fan, but Andy said I needed to hear some drum parts on their cover of Crossroads. Last but certainly not least, Bowie's Live in Santa Monica '72. It's one of those amazing live recordings that has been bootlegged all over the place, but never officially released until now. Dave and the Spiders are in fine form here. I'm only 4 songs in at this point, but it's like… whoa.

No comments: