Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sears Still Sucks

For some reason, this morning I remembered that we'd ordered some wall plates and jacks for the family room like months ago. I dug through the pocket of my Winter jackets and found the invoice and receipt. Yup, December 13 is when we ordered them. Had they called and I forgot? Probably. So I called and they found it and said they called on 12/19. Oh. Xmas shopping must've rattled my brain and made me forget. Plus, they're all in places behind furniture, so we rarely see them, so there wasn't a constant reminder. Still, it'd be nice if a store would call more than once, like if they keep seeing the same special order invoice in their folder for months on end. So I went and picked those up.

I had to get another pair of jeans. I parked near Sears at the Eden Prairie Mall, so I went in there, even though Kim & I have found many reasons to hate Sears nearly as much as Walmart. Amazingly, they had a pair of 501's in my size. I grabbed them and headed to the nearest register, right there in the men's department. Nobody there. I looked around and finally found another one. It had one foreign woman working and about 4 people ahead of me. Finally a 2nd employee came to work the other register. As I watched her scan the tag, I noticed the label said 505, not 501. I told her somebody put it in the wrong bin, so I went back to get the right ones. There were no more of the right size, except for a pair on the bottom of the pile that didn't have that size sticker wrapped around the visible edge. I pulled them out, ripping the big plastic thing off the shelf in the process. They were the right size, but again, 505's. FUCK!! I slammed the stupid plastic thing and pants back into the bin and left that goddamn place.

So I went to Von Maur, since I wanted to get a couple more pair of these really comfy Calvin Klein underwear. They no long had the slate color I liked, but I found the only 2 pair of black smalls they had in the store. I asked a guy if they carried Levi's. Nope. FUCK!! I bought the underwear and went to look for another store. Found Kohl's. No 501's on the Levi's wall where they have all the styles organized in bins. I was almost ready for another FUCK moment when I turned around and saw them on an end cap. Yay, 1 pair of 501's in the right size. I hate shopping for clothes.

No comments: