Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rainn Wilson Cracks Me Up

We watched The Rocker today while we laid around. From the reviews, I thought it was going to have a couple funny scenes and the rest would blow. This, people, is why reviewers are idiots and I don't know why I bother even skimming over them when reading Entertainment Weekly. I liked the movie a lot, and it had lots of very funny people in it. Rainn did a pretty OK job of fake drumming, but an excellent job of being a creepy, gross metal drummer. The guy who was the guitarist should've learned how one sings into a microphone at a live show. Arg, I hate it when directors let bad mic technique into the movie, or any instrument for that matter. It makes it look so Disney. I also hate it when the foley artist or found fx guy uses a mic feedback sound when somebody is supposedly producing feedback through a guitar, or just overuses feedback in general.

The ever cute, adorable, and sassy Emma Stone played bass. She was in Superbad and The House Bunny and good in everything. I like her.

No comments: