Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mystery Date

I can still hear Nick singing "are you ready for a mystery date" during one long–ago Spare Change practices right before we played Mystery Dance. But that's not why I'm here. I'm here to tell you how boring my day will be. Ya see, over the past year or so I've been working toward making our app framework work with RunApplicationEventLoop instead of WaitNextEvent, and to use compositing windows. Both are more modern ways of doing things in OS X. I got a lot done in the past few months and there seem to be very few bugs. One bug that Testing found was that you can't click the scrollbars in a data browser. You can still scrollwheel them, just not click them. Since a data browser is an OS control, it's impossible to know why it's ignoring the clicks. So today I'm going to spend making multiple builds at various points throughout history. I just synced back to December and am waiting for a full build. Then I have to work my way ahead through time doing the same thing, waiting for the scrollbars to break. Hopefully it will show me something useful.

2 comments:

Brass Pear said...

Hope the paint dries nicely....

brent said...

I still sing that song too, but I don't remember the original.. just Nice singing that.