Sunday, August 7, 2011

What I Did on My Summer Vacation

Kim took the week off and we had a staycation. Went to a small zoo one day. Laid in the sun another day. I started getting a cold last Saturday. It slowly got worse and didn't feel like doing anything at all. I felt better one day and recorded some drums (hi Leo!). Turns out that was too much work and it set me back. Laid around another day. Went to a small lake to float around in the sun, but they don't allow floaty things (the sign says something like "No floatation devices (ie toys)", but we asked to be sure if that really meant "that is, no inflatable toys". Nope, it means everything (they need to reword the sign), but she pointed to a small beach about 1/3 of the way around the lake where we could use them. It was a 15–minute walk on a nice path, and only 3 kids were there. So we floated until the clouds got too thick. Cold got worse for the rest of the week/weekend, but I'm feeling better today. We drove out to a big orchard we like to visit every year (usually closer to Fall) and got a bunch of good stuff. One thing even contained apples this time! I grabbed an apple–rhubarb crisp. Oh man is that good. I love rhubarb, but nobody around here ever makes plain rhubarb pie, goddamn it. But I did get my annual jar of rhubarb jam.

No comments: