Monday, August 9, 2010

Retrofucked

OK, now I'm getting angry. I asked Roxio about who my 6.x backup of my G5 is now complaining about a login/name problem when it never did that before I upgraded 8.1 to 8.2. I also complained about their wake-on-lan not working on that computer and asked when it will be fixed. I also complained that they have not put back into 8.x anything similar to the old Retrospect Event Handler and asked when that would happen. Here's what I got back. Copy & pasted canned responses.
Retrospect 8.2 requires the client to have a login username/password. You will need to update the client on the system. Mac OS X Clients require the following:
PowerPC G3, G4, or G5, or any Intel processor
Mac OS X or Mac OS X Server 10.3.9, 10.4.11, or 10.5.5 or later
RAM that meets Apple's guidelines for each OS
Note: Backing up Mac OS X Server clients requires Retrospect Multi Server or Retrospect Single Server with available Server Client Licenses.
Retrospect offers the Wake-on-LAN support for client computers.This gives Retrospect the ability to wake Mac OS X clients from sleep immediately prior to a Proactive backup, resulting in improved energy efficiency and reducing costs.
This should correct the problem.
I especially like that last line, the one that comes after a bunch of product specs and feature descriptions, not after, say, some fixes I could try.

No comments: